Platform Engineer (UK, Remote)
* £55,000 - £65,000 DOE
* Fully remote (UK based)
* Career progression opportunities
We are looking for a talented Platform Engineer to help us maintain and improve our SaaS infrastructure, as we continue a long period of explosive growth (>100% / year).
Who are we ?
* We are an online platform that helps organizations understand and improve their websites.
* Our software is used worldwide by household names like eBay, the World Health Organization, and Accenture.
Where are we going?
We are a self-funded and doubles in size each year. Joining us now will mean you'll be a big part of our growth and your career will have the potential to skyrocket alongside our success.
What will you be doing?
You'll be responsible for managing and developing our AWS infrastructure. We maintain a constellation of distributed services, mostly using Terraform, TypeScript/Node, MySQL, Redis, ClickHouse, Kafka, and PHP.
You'll help ensure our developer's have a great environment to work with, and that the lights are kept on for our customers who use our services.
You'll have the opportunity to use and introduce some of the latest technology and be given loads of space for creativity, autonomy, developing your skills, and putting your stamp on the business.
You should apply if:
* You have at least 3 years experience as a Platform Engineer or similar position
* You are proficient with AWS
* You have experience with:
* Unix-based operating systems
* Distributed systems
* Any programming language (e.g. JS, Python, Bash, Go)
* You enjoy autonomy and like to take ownership
* You are efficient, proactive, and super organised
* You are a team player and want to be part of a fast-growing business
You should not apply if:
* You shy away from fast-paced environments
* You are worried about telling your boss they are wrong
* You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
* You don't like lofty goals
What we're like
We're early stage and moving fast, which can be exciting but means that we're less structured than some people might like. It's not for everyone, but if you're smart, ambitious, and trustworthy you will do well here.
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal, to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. And you can read everyone else's - even the CEOs.
Freedom is key to us. We'll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, and of course, your location.
Most of all, we are doers. We pride ourselves on getting amazing things done.
* £55k - £65k depending on experience
* Fully remote (UK)
* Flexibility to work where you like
* Choice of your own laptop + home office budget
* 23 days paid holiday (increases with each year you're with us)
* Enhanced paternity and maternity pay
* MacBook Pro (M1 or better)
* Home office budget (£1500) - typically a large monitor, chair, peripherals
* 2 weeks/year dedicated to your skills development
* Cycle-to-work scheme
* Opportunities for rapid career progression
Applying for this role
If you've read this far and think you'd be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you.
This position requires you to be a resident of the United Kingdom.