Sr. Unix Automation Engineer
* This part of the client's organization is responsible for architecting scalable and secure application platforms. You will be part of a team that is building a seamless experience that allows the client's teams to develop on any platform without worrying about the underlying infrastructure or its integrations. The client is trying to build a self-service, secure, and multi-cloud platform to quickly allow their developers to code, test, and deploy to production. *This is a full-time position (not contract) that is only open to USC or GCH. NOTE: Once the offices re-open, you should anticipate going into the office in Irving, TX a few days a week*
Role & Responsibilities
* You will work with your team to engineer secure and stable compute platforms.
* You and your team will work on troubleshooting complex problems, OS upgrades, performing application setup and integration, diagnosing issues with applications running on servers or in microservices, architect and engineer the infrastructure and configuration of compute platforms with a very strong focus on automation and infrastructure as code.
Skills & Qualifications
* 5+ years of experience/knowledge of Linux system internals, especially Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 6 through 8 (yum, rpm, LVM, SELinux, kickstart).
* Knowledge of Unix (AIX and Solaris).
* Expert knowledge of IaC orchestration and automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef).
* Intermediate scripting experience (Python).
* *MUST BE US CITIZEN OR GC HOLDER*