Director of Engineering - Hybrid 3 days/week in NYC - Full-Time/Direct Hire:
* This client is in the investment banking space and is focused on building a robust data platform which services a diverse set of investment teams and internal clients.
* This company employs a global multi-strategy investment approach, seeking to deliver compelling asymmetric returns by combining complementary liquid strategies managed by experienced investment professionals within a robust risk framework.
* The group consists of data sourcing experts, data specialists, data scientist, and data engineers, who are responsible for the discovery, management, and curation of thousands of alpha sources for the firm and their investment professionals.
* This client is seeking an experience engineering lead who will build a robust engineering team and own product delivery backlog.
* The ideal candidate is someone who has managed global engineering teams, designed, and developed cloud-native applications with serverless and event-based architecture.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Enable cloud transformations by creating engineering best practices and team structure to support the business goals.
* Collaborate with product and business management on key business objectives and requirements.
* Partner with infrastructure, InfoSec, and support organizations on key platform initiatives and shared services.
* Own the architecture and delivery solutions with an eye on performance, scale, and cost.
* Oversee the hiring, training, and development of team members.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Experience with CI/CD stack (GitLab/GitFlow, CodeBuild/CodeDeploy)
* Experience with IaC solutions (Terraform/Cloudformation)
* Experience with designing multi-az/multi-region architecture for compute and storage to enable high availability and optimal delivery
* Experience with development in Java and Python
* Experience with data streaming services (Kinesis/Kafka)
* Experience with AWS
* Hybrid work schedule - 3 days/week in their NYC office (Monday and Friday remote)
* $170-200k base salary
* Generous bonus and additional compensation
* 401(k) match up to 5%
* Challenging and complex work
*Please note, if you want a quicker response from me, please send me an email to email@example.com. Put "Director of Engineering - Hybrid 3 days/week in NYC - Full-Time/Direct Hire" as the subject line and attach your resume.*
*Please note, this is a full-time/direct hire opportunity (NOT C2C). 3rd party applications will not be considered. This client can transfer visa, but cannot sponsor new visas*