Senior Software Engineer
Oxford/Remote (travel to office once per week)
Salary up to £75,000 + bonus and stock
*UK based candidates only*
Jefferson Frank have teamed up with one of the largest travel websites in the world, who are in the midst of one of the most exciting AWS digital migrations on the market at the moment, thus are looking for talent to join them on this journey!
This is a very bottom-up organisation; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. Trust is out into engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, my client would love to speak with you.
Role & Responsibilities
* Code! Most of the engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
* Mentor and lead more junior developers.
* Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
* Build solutions with a wide variety of technologies. Stack includes Java, React, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, SQL and NoSQL databases, all running on Linux and in AWS.
* Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
* Touch code at every level - from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
* Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
* Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world.
Skills & Qualifications
* At least 7 years' experience of commercial software development.
* A history of web development with a first class object-oriented language such as Java or C#.
* Good understanding of web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS). Exposure to current frameworks such as React and Typescript is an advantage.
* Ability to design and query relational databases.
* Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
* Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
* High quality verbal and written communication skills.
* Annual bonus
* Excellent contributory pension
* Full family private medical cover
* Full dental cover
* Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
* Personal travel reimbursement
* Critical illness plus full life cover
* Employee assistance program.
If this is of interest please apply, or reach out directly to Oliver from Jefferson Frank at email@example.com or LinkedIn 'Oliver King'