Senior Software Developer | £35,000 to £55,000 | Scottish Borders; mostly remote role.
Are you a Senior Software Developer looking for their next role? I am working with a telecoms company that are looking for a Senior Software Developer to come onboard and be a part of the companies journey.
Who are we looking for?
The company are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of their fibre expansion plans, they require a Senior Developer to enhance, manage and maintain our systems and applications, owning development of the process workflow from end to end.
The successful candidate will act as the lead developer and work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to enhance existing and new systems as well as develop ideas to maximise business efficiencies. Extensive experience in programming and system architecture will be essential to the success of this role, along with a strong work ethic and ability to own projects throughout their lifecycle.
The Senior Developer will uphold the highest levels of quality standards and strong communication skills will be essential to ensuring the successful launch of enhancements and new business systems. We're an outcomes based business focused on the Agile Business Development methodologies, so you'll be dependable and outcomes focused.
What will you be doing?
* Solving and documenting system workflow constraints and enhancing existing systems to maximise business efficiencies.
* Act as the lead developer, ensuring our systems and applications are developed in line with our business requirements and outcomes.
* Regularly update senior leadership on projects, owning and escalating issues which arise through to resolution.
* Play a pivotal role in formulating R&D works on new systems and services to be launched.
* Creation of efficient and accurate detailed technical documentation.
* Liaison with third party system/application suppliers, ensuring that risks/issues are fully understood across a variety of stakeholders.
* Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to system/application design, accurately reflecting these in final as-built documentation
What qualifications/experience do we need?
* Working knowledge of public cloud services such as Google and AWS.
* Hands on knowledge of LAMP stack administration, with scripting/programming knowledge.
If this position is of interest feel free to apply or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org