Technical Support Specialist
Reports To: Customer Services Manager
Location: Hybrid working with office based in Bracknell
Our client is an award-winning Cloud Services Provider which helps customers innovate and transform through the
use of Google Cloud. They have extensive expertise in Google Cloud technologies, and deliver our magic through
Data and AI, as well as modernisation of applications and workspaces.
They are on a journey to becoming the most innovative partner in the Google ecosystem, so this is the right time for you to join a smart and friendly team, but with great ambition to succeed. We celebrate diversity, nurture talent from within and do the right thing for our customers. Take a look at our values and come join us.
Are you passionate about the use of public cloud to address today's IT infrastructure challenges?
Do you want to work with industry leading technology with a top tier Google partner delivering services to leading edge Enterprises?
We are an award winning cloud services provider and Google Cloud Premier Partner - we guide our customers on their cloud journey, away from legacy systems to affordable cloud and mobile services
We are looking for a technical support specialist to provide advanced technical support, deployment support and consultancy to customers or prospects. You will specialise in Google Cloud Platform based services and customised managed services developed by our infrastructure organisation, though as part of the overall support team you will develop a working knowledge of our other supported products - primarily Google Workspace and Google Maps.
This is a challenging role that requires excellent technical and customer service aptitude coupled with strong business awareness.
We are looking for someone with at least 2 years experience in supporting cloud technologies like AWS or Azure.
We have a long history of using this role to grow skills and expertise in Google technologies, and previous
incumbents have moved to a variety of roles in the company including Consultancy, Application Development, Customer Success management and Quality Assessment and Testing. If you are someone who is looking to deepen their expertise and work more closely with Google and their technologies then this job is for you.
How will you spend your time as our Technical Support Specialist?
* Providing excellent technical support to experienced customer system engineers by working to resolve
* their problems in a timely, professional and effective manner, including both technical problems and requests for consultancy and advice.
* Answering incoming telephone, voice mail, and email requests for assistance from customers related to customer Google Cloud Platform deployments.
* Identifying opportunities to provide scripted or developed tools to assist in customer deployments and support.
* Developing and maintaining knowledge levels and skills suitable for a fast moving development
* Delivering proactive communication and management of required escalations through technical management and vendor level support processes.
* Occasional out of hours work (on call for urgent issues)
* Assist in onboarding customers and their Google Cloud Platform projects.
You will be successful in this role if:
* You've got customer support in your blood, and you love to do that little bit extra to make customers happy.
* You can tailor your messaging well.
* You have a passion for working with new cutting edge technologies in Public Cloud
* You know the difference between a static IP address and a DHCP reservation
* You have a logical and calm attitude, and an excellent knack for troubleshooting.
* You've been working as a hands-on technical support engineer for a number of years.
* You are comfortable documenting problems and working with engineering to articulate problem scenarios for reproducing issues.
* You're able to think on your feet and provide great customer service and be a reassuring presence to our clients.
* A can-do, friendly, positive attitude is absolutely essential.
* Flexible to work as part of a team and independently
You must understand and be able to demonstrate skills in, or show potential to develop, the following:
* Knowledge of cloud fundamentals, such as Virtual Machines, Databases and Containers and application
* Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and key concepts
* Containerisation concepts (Kubernetes, Docker)
* Database technologies and concepts (Transactional, Relational, Analytics)
* Networking concepts (Firewalls, Routing Rules, VPNs, Load Balancers)
* IAM policies in Google Cloud Platform
* Different storage types and why you would use them
* BSc/BA degree or equivalent in Information Systems / Engineering related discipline.
* Google Associate Cloud Engineer is desirable
Contact Simon Portway