Senior Network Engineer - £75,000
MUST BE COMMUTABLE TO LONDON
You will be responsible for providing 3rd-4th line support, designing solutions to time, cost and quality and creating proven best practices.
* Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the design, integration, deployment, and performance evaluation of the full end-to-end Network (Core-Distribution-Aggregation-Access) following a continuous integration and development approach on all aspects.
* Network aptitude. The skill to take a new technology, research it, test it in the lab and deploy it live.
* Lead significant projects including design, development, integration and deployment
* Continuously improve existing automated functional and non-functional monitoring scripts and tools
* Act as a senior member of the Network engineering team, providing an escalation point and acting as a mentor to other engineers in the team.
* Analyse the technical architecture of the Network (Core- Distribution and access levels) to understand dependencies, points of failure, and impacts, to provide recommendations for Network and continuously improve resiliency across our infrastructure.
* Create and implement high and low-level designs in alignment with architecture principles and standards.
* Adept and creative skills for solving complex technical networks across multiple functions.
* In-depth troubleshooting, troubleshoot issues efficiently while effectively communicating escalations and outcomes.
* Provide technical support to the team and the wider business and take part in an on-call 4th line support rota.
* 3-5 years of experience in a monitoring engineering environment
* Experience in SNMP polling, trap and streaming telemetry, MIB & OID understanding and translation.
* Experience in monitoring infrastructure and applications using tools like Grafana Enterprise and Zabbix and or Cloud
* Programming languages Python / Ansible