2nd Line Technical Support Engineer - Up to £35k
This role provides technical support and advice to customers for both our customers and our operational workforce. This includes but is not limited to; monitoring and coordinating the resolution to network issues, network system administration, solving technical issues and documenting those fixes. You will also act as an escalation point or 1st line technical staff.
* Solving and documenting technical incidents and problems related to company products and services
* Acting as a lead within the direct customer support team
* Provide support and leadership to all members of the operational workforce
* Regularly update senior leadership on current incident and problem workload, owning and escalating faults to resolution
* Liaison with internal and external users, ensuring that incidents and problems are fully understood across a variety of stakeholders
* Highlight and escalate major outages to ensure key decisions are made swiftly and decisively
* Network configuration and support across the estate, backup management, config management, systems administration and related tasks
* Provide a point of escalation and leadership for 1st line Technical Support
What experience is critical for this role:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server platforms
* Knowledge of networking principles including TCP/IP, Ethernet, Routing, Switching, Firewalls and Telephone Switching
* Hands on experience in Switching, routing and firewalling in a multi-vendor environment, including but not exclusive to Cisco and MicroTik
* Troubleshooting and solving end user / client issues
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety procedures for working in the UK
* JNCIA / CCNA Certified or equivalent experience.
To apply or find out more contact email@example.com or call 0191 814 7785.