Senior Associate Security Engineer (AWS) - Financial Services
Up to £80k - 1 day per week in the central London office - Bonus and Pension
You will bring a unique perspective to a team that maintains a secure and reliable environment hosted across both cloud and on-premise infrastructure. The Security Operations team is responsible for securing an environment that is dynamic, always growing and evolving - a global network that provides reliable and secure applications 24x7.
They are looking for a Senior Associate Security Engineer who will work with technical leadership to determine overall security technology, standards and strategy across on-premise and AWS.
Reporting to the Director, Head of Security Operations, You Will
* Design, develop, implement and administrate cloud security technologies.
* Implement and administrate AWS Core Security.
* Perform Security Monitoring from multiple monitoring sources including firewalls, SIEM and other supporting security tools, identifying events that meet certain criteria, performing incident response activities or escalating them to, and working with, other support teams.
* Drive Threat Modelling activities across our business, through identifying, understanding threats & mitigations.
* Participate in Security Incident Response to information security related incidents - and working with the relevant parties to resolve them.
* Take part in Vulnerability Assessments which involve identifying security weaknesses in infrastructure and systems, assessing the weaknesses and communicating them to the relevant teams for resolution
* Ensure systems are protected by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
* 3+ Years of Experience in Security Operations, Security Engineering, or other related Security-type role.
* 2+ years working with all core AWS Infrastructure Services
* Experience implementing and maintaining security for cloud-based systems as well as applications in AWS
* Experience with vulnerability management and VM tools
* Experience in malware detection, analysis and removal
* Experience with technologies such as SIEM, Firewall, XDR and hybrid Cloud Security environments
* Understanding of OWASP Top 10 and typical defense mechanisms
* AWS Certification(s)
* Security Certification(s)
To apply or to find out more email email@example.com, or call 0191 338 6624 or message me via LinkedIn.