Senior Platform Engineer - up to £75,000 (DOE) Package - Remote (1 day a month in Manchester Office)
*This role does not provide Sponsorship*
About the Company
WE ARE A TOP 10 UK CLOTHING & FOOTWEAR DIGITAL RETAILER,WITH A HOME PROPOSITION, SERVING CUSTOMERS THROUGH A DIFFERENTIATED BRAND PORTFOLIO.
Our retail brands and our Financial Services proposition allows customers to spread the cost of shopping with us. We are headquartered in Manchester where we design, source and create our product offer, and we employ over 1,800 people across the UK.
Here, we are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join our Cloud and Platform team within our digital technology division.
There has never been a more exciting time to be joining our Digital Technology team. We are completing a major transformation on our technological platform, migrating to the cloud, working on implementing agile methodology and moving towards a fully agile enterprise-wide organisation.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer with experience working with authorisation/authentication platforms to join our colleagues within the microservices squad. In this role you will be working on some highly visible, large-scale projects and platforms, collaborating with a wide range of business and technology stakeholders. You'll have good experience working in a similar role within a complex, large-scale environment with a passion for all things Cloud and AWS, along with a keenness to build a strong DevOps culture
In your role as Platform Engineer:
* Developing and maintaining a scalable, resilient, cloud-based infrastructure using an Infrastructure as Code approach with experience in Linux OS and Terraform
* Working with the delivery teams to build and maintain a continuous deployment practice.
* Contributing to platform architecture and design, driving continuous improvement.
* Responsible for ensuring platforms are kept secure and working with security to build this into the Infrastructure as Code configuration management solution.
* Ensure high availability/disaster recovery process are reflected as per the change cycle, and as per each change the platform can be brought back as per the Disaster Recovery/Resilience policy.
* Go out into the industry and learn best practices, attend lunch/learns, meet and greets and incorporate gathered knowledge back into the platform. An ability to naturally identify and promote continuous improvement opportunities with a view to build a growth-mindset culture across the wider organisation
Key technical skills we are looking for:
* Authorisation/authentication platform experience
* Gitlab CI/CD
* Keycloak and infinispan ideal but not essential
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at email@example.com or reaching out via LinkedIn "Jamie Carter".