A well-established travel company are recruiting for a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer to join their product and engagement team. They are looking for an experienced practitioner and an outspoken advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong and matured DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Lead Full Stack Software Engineer is a lifelong learner, a thought leader, a good communicator and someone who likes to think outside the box. The role will involve working in a cloud environment (AWS) and developing resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications.
The successful candidate will have:
* Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design.
* Deep understanding of frontend performance aspects, analysis and optimisation.
* Excellent proficiency in either NodeJS or Go or Java, and their respective ecosystems (frameworks, libraries, documentation, useful resources) as well as architectural strategies and design patterns.
* Deep experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs and event-based architectures.
* Deep expertise in CI/CD (preferably Gitlab CI), infrastructure as code, cloud architecture/design, tools and services on AWS. Ideally certified AWS Associate or higher.
* Good understanding of different areas of software architecture (technical, solution, enterprise, cloud/infrastructure, etc.).