I am working with a global consultancy who are recruiting for a senior, cloud native architect. This is a truly expansive consultancy with a global reach & blue chip clients.
This is a highly visible global role based in London, and you will be responsible for leading the design and engineering of flagship solutions.
This is a senior position and requires a mix of strong technical credibility, a 'Cloud Native' mindset and exceptional customer-facing skills. Although this is a senior role, you must be able to both read & write code!
Whilst you will be a technical heavyweight and thought-leader, we will stretch you further and leverage our unbeatable industry partnerships to ensure you remain at the forefront of the industry.
You are undoubtedly self-motivated and an enthusiastic learner.
* Lead the design and engineering of new, next-generation solutions based on modern Cloud Native architectural principles.
* Perform a leadership role, acting as Trusted Advisor, guiding and leading development teams, coach technical leaders on implementation techniques.
* Assess existing complex solutions and recommend appropriate technical treatments to transform the application with Cloud Native/12-Factor characteristics.
* Re factor existing solutions to adopt a Microservices-based architecture.
* Re platform solutions to operate in PaaS environments, particularly based on Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes.
* Execute PoC, MVP and Application Transformation projects that target Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes-based environments.
* Get deeply involved in the hands-on development of projects.
* Driving thought-leadership with clients and the industry at large through:
* Contributing to R&D innovation activities
* Producing white papers, reference architectures and best practices guides
* Producing public-facing content such as blog posts and presentations
* Use modern software development and DevOps practices such as CI / CD, Agile, Scrum, XP and Domain Driven Design.
* Advise on Cloud Native application development best practices, run client workshops and engage technical leaders in a strategic dialogue.
Required Skills / Experience
* Development frameworks: JAVA, JEE, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services
* PaaS platform: Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Red Hat OpenShift, SAP Cloud Platform
* Containerisation platform: Kubernetes, Docker, AKS, EKS, GKE
* Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud
* BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Master's Degree desired.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* 10+ years of Java coding and/or technical application architecture. Hands-on coding proficiency is mandatory for this role.
* Demonstrable proficiency in the design and creation of Cloud Native software solutions.
* Design of solutions for Pivotal Cloud Foundry
* Domain Driven Design, Event Storming
* Creation of solutions based on a Microservices architecture
* Agile / Scrum / XP development methodologies
* Architecture of highly available, large-scale enterprise applications.
* Experience with multiple programming languages, such as: Java, C#, Python, Node.js and Go.
* Configuration management and automation technologies (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible).
* Architectural, Engineering or DevOps Certification with one or more Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
* Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor).
* Experience with approaches such as Pivotal Process or IBM Garage Model