Security Engineer - Edinburgh
Up to £100k DOE - Hybrid working
Are you a Security Engineer, who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space?
You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices patched and hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection cloud and services.
* Identify and define system security requirements to meet defined security policies and customer expectations.
* Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs according to security requirements and strategy.
* Manage security incidents and ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
* Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
* Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
* Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure virtual devices.
* Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
Requirements and skills
* Proven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer.
* Experience in building and maintaining security systems.
* Experience in security risk management.
* Detailed technical knowledge of database, operating system and cloud security.
* Experience in Amazon Web Services infrastructure and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) management.
* Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, vulnerability management, log management, content filtering, etc.
* Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security,and network monitoring tools.
* Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
* Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
* Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
To find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785.