Helsinki/Full remote (must be local to Finland)
We are working with a Gaming studio in the heart of Helsinki that are currently hiring multiple positions including a highly experienced Backend Engineer to work on designing their Cloud native streaming applications and games.
They are currently looking to strengthen their in-house R&D team with a solid hands-on Backend Developer. This is a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to play a key role in shaping an industry-defining service. If you are a self-starter, used to working with multiple backend and infrastructure technologies with good teamwork skills then it would be an ideal fit.
● Experience in brainstorming, designing and implementing scalable services with solid understanding of microservices architecture and distributed systems
● Hands-on experience in working with different kind of databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, etc)
● Experience in using Python for scripting and automation
● Experience in working with scalable distributed real-time data / event streaming services e.g. NSQ, Kafka and/or Kinesis
● Good understanding of best practices for Unit testing & Integration testing
● Excellent communication skills and ability to convey your thoughts to not only a variety of
engineers (Client, Backend, Graphics, Infrastructure, Cloud Ops, etc) but also high-level and non-technical stakeholders.
● Knowledge of graph databases (e.g. neo4j, Neptune, etc)
● Ability to work on the frontend with modern frameworks (eg: Angular and/or React)
● A passion for gaming and games industry
They're a fun energetic gaming studio which have been referred to as the "Netflix for Gaming" within the industry. They house cutting edge technology that powers all one of Finland's leading companies within Mobile Gaming. They have a very selective hiring strategy which means all of their developers are not only very experienced but more importantly, they're passionate about what they do.
What they offer:
- Smart, motivated & easy-going colleagues
- Cool office space with a nice sea view
- Weekly breakfasts with team
- Game nights, team activities and theme parties
- Free fruits, snacks and refreshments
- Flexible hours and opportunity to work remotely
- Tools you need to get the job done
- Home internet connection
- Healthcare and insurance package
- Lunch and culture/sports benefit
- Competitive pay & bonus plan
- Paid holiday up to 5 weeks per year
Any additional questions please email them along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Deadline is June 30th.
*Please note this role offers remote working possibilities only to applicants with working rights living in Finland.