Senior Backend Developer (Java)- Espoo/remote, Finland €6500 plus 10% of annual salary (performance bonus) + stock options
My client is seeking a Senior Backend Developer, where you will be joining a team of experienced engineers in the Semantic Science division and helping them in developing the contextual intelligence and content classification services, for a global company with offices including New York, Sydney, Paris and more.
* Responsible for services that provide high-definition analysis of any piece of text/contextual video data
* By implementing scalable solutions and engaging in system design planning you will contribute to big projects
* You will use your initiative to improve their workflows and systems
* You will be writing top quality code as well as continuously learning new skills and technologies, using their Guild and Learning infrastructure
* You will be developing new and awesome features while leveraging cloud-native technology stack
* You will be involved in engineering challenges and solving product
* Extensive knowledge and experience with Java/ Kotlin, Spring, REST, Gradle
* Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, functional programming, data structures, multi-threading and distributed systems
* You will have knowledge in design and architectural patterns, with a strong focus on performance and application reliability
* Experience in messaging systems such as Apache/Kafta and in-memory distributed cache e.g. Aerospike
* You will have experience with Agile development, CI/CD pipelines (Git, GitLab or Jenkins) and coding for automated testing.
* Experience in working with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and Columnar/NoSQL Databases such as (Big Query, Vertica, Snowflake, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.).
* Experience working in a Linux/Unix based environment
* You will have proven experience working with AWS/GCP
* You will be versatile in the way you work
As a plus:
* Having Frontend experience within frameworks such as React
* Knowledge in machine learning
* Opportunity to travel to New York
* 2k budget a year for training/certifications
* Phone, laptop and home internet
* Food and sports vouchers
* Currently remote, but when normality comes back you will be working 50% in the office and 50% remote
This big data and analytics company tracks tens of billions of ads every day for the biggest brands including Apple, Nike and Disney. At the same time, their product stops false advertising and viruses, which creates a safe environment for advertising/marketing. You will be part of a team that operates on a massive scale while developing exciting features using cloud-native technology as an advantage.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP with limited interview spots this and next week, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
To apply, you can contact me via email at email@example.com or call me on +358 75 3263948 for more information.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.