Solutions Architect - Up to £80,000 DOE - FULLY REMOTE
You'll bring the ambition, we'll provide the opportunities
This client has built its success - and its reputation - on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, and now their focus is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It's about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As they look to build upon existing talent within their senior and specialist roles, they're creating a backbone of excellence - offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that's breathing new life into the industry.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
* Working and collaborating as part of a wider development team, working to Agile/Scrum methodologies to deliver value for stakeholders and support the development team and Product Owner of the platform.
* Designing, documenting and having a detailed understanding of the banks strategic Cloud Data Platform and open source toolsets. Represent EDS at CIO design governance forums to ensure bank wide alignment with data strategy. Gain relevant approvals for the designs for the infrastructure owned and built by EDS teams.
* Liaising with CIO Infrastructure, Security and Operational Readiness teams to support end-to-end development lifecycle and release to live.
* Act as a design and technical lead in the team, working independently to deliver and manage assigned work, supporting line manager and advising the wider leadership team in EDS on architecture and infrastructure for Data related toolsets, challenging where needed and having the knowledge and communication skills to influence and to defend decisions made.
* Evaluate emerging or novel technologies, understanding how they would integrate into the bank and the data platform.
* Perform the role of reviewing costs, cost optimisation and cost modelling for the Data Platform.
* Automating everything that they do, work with their colleagues in EDS and CIO to ensure that they design robust, automated solutions to drive the best use of Cloud Data Engineering time and build a scalable solution that is resource efficient.
* Align to Information Security, Data Protection, Data Governance and Data Architecture principles. Work with these teams to build, monitor and maintain fit for purpose infrastructure, access, processes and documentation for our platform architecture, databases and data assets.
* Support the strong Risk culture within Cloud Data Engineering. Identifying operational and strategic risks and ensuring that these are managed and recorded within the bank's Risk Management Framework.
What You'll Bring:
* Experience in multiple and emerging technologies. AWS/Azure, CI/CD, Spark, APIs, ETL/ELT, Lambda, Python and Jenkins
* Having a keen eye for detail, development of the platform understands the principles of IAAS and infrastructure as code and supports adoption of CI/CD methodologies, designers need awareness of these practices, data principles and DevOps practices.
* Strong understanding of platform security, data protection and information security principles.
* Experience of Data and Analytics platforms using Cloud infrastructure.
* Understanding and awareness of the tooling delivered that will drive the data engineering, BI, analysis, reporting and data science activities for the organisation.
Preferred skills/Experience/Exposure to:
* Real Time Data Flows - Kafka
* Cloud Formation
* Data Science tooling(R-Studio, Shiny, other).
* Machine Learning
* Agile methodologies
Wherever your talent lies, you'll find challenge and reward in equal measure. They're here to go the extra mile for their customers - and they'll do the same for you. It's simple. As long as you have the ambition, they'll provide the opportunity for success.
For more info please contact email@example.com or call 0191 338 6624