Software Engineer - $129K
Looking for a Software Engineer in the Bay Area willing to work in the office. We're looking for an Application Developer who is interested in leading software evolution and innovation for investment systems.
Our IT teams support American Century's mission by building applications that serve our customers and our company. The ideal candidate would not only be passionate about designing resilient and engaging experiences, but also a leader who's interested in making a difference.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
* Help in the design, development, implementation, configuration, integration, and support of the various technology tools used by Portfolio Management teams.
* The IT Programmer/Analyst-Specialist will understand the challenges of our business and be able to apply scalable technology solutions.
* You will be a key player on an application development team that works closely with Fixed Income Portfolio Management and Research/Analyst teams to provide technology solutions.
* You will work with sophisticated data sets to provide solutions with an emphasis on scalability and analytic robustness.
* Closely follow enterprise architecture guidelines and application life cycle standards and procedures
* Building relationships with internal business partners and vendors
* You, as part of a team, will provide on call support and occasional overtime may be required
What the Company is Looking for in You:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar technical field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* 5+ years of IT experience developing and leading technology solutions
* Java, with experience in Spring Framework (including Spring Core, Spring Integration, and Spring Boot)
* Building applications using Spring Boot, Microservices, APIs (RESTful, JSON)
* Investment management, investment operations, or a financial systems background
* Knowledge of the financial services industry, including financial securities, mutual funds, and ETFs
* Knowledge of Fixed Income instruments like Taxable Bonds, Government Bonds, Municipal Bonds, Futures, Derivatives, and FX
* Relational (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server) and non-relational database platforms
* Sophisticated enterprise users to perform business analysis, extract requirements, implement solutions, and deliver training and support