QA Engineer - Glasgow based - Up to £50,000
My client is the world's first cloud engineering simulation platform. They combine blazing fast multiphysics solvers with cloud supercomputers and a simple/intuitive UI/UX and scripting language to empower engineers around the world to accelerate R&D of new tech like biomed devices, autonomous vehicles, robotics, etc.
They are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.) The QA technician role plays an important part in their company's product development process. My client's ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, they'd like to meet you. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
* Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
* Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
* Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
* Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
* Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
* Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
* Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
* Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
* Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
* Proven work experience in software development
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
* Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
* Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
* Join a diverse, international, enthusiastic, highly aligned team with a big vision and the technical depth to achieve it.
* Stock option plan at venture-backed pre-IPO startup.
* Flexible hybrid approach to remote / in-person work (post-pandemic).
* Startup atmosphere: flat hierarchy, independent work environment, opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, opportunity to make an impact and deliver amazing things.
* The chance to provide thousands of product designers and engineers with the next generation of simulation technology and help them be better at what they do.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 338 6624