Senior Backend Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Backend, Product Development
This is the first company to bridge the gap between modern mobility companies and cities, building digital tools in open source that make it possible to create and enforce transportation policies digitally. We are a leading provider of digital tools that allow cities to create, communicate, and enforce dynamic transportation policies. They work collaboratively to develop and deliver transportation technology strategic plans and programs, translating city priorities into real outcomes for the public good.
The company is seeking an experienced backend engineer on product development. You will be responsible for:
* Developing transportation related software products, in the form of cloud/web/mobile based applications and the services empowering them.
* Leveraging the common infrastructure, and core platform, you will work on bringing backend services essential to support city, government authorities, and other product areas.
* Working with UI engineers for a complete product experience.
* Designing a highly reliable and scalable software product that may be leveraged by hundreds of governmental authorities, and enabling millions of users in their daily mobility activities.
* Abstracting common platforms from the product requirements across multiple product areas, and develop a middleware platform layer that can be reused by multiple products.
What you'll need
* 2+ years' experience building microservice, product backend or common platform for products
* Proficiency with programming languages in Go, Typescript, Java, or Python in a production environment
* Capability in debugging complex software application, performance tuning and profiling
* Good teamwork and communication skills
* 4+ years in backend and system development experience
Nice to have
* Knowledge and prior experience in Kubernetes environment is a plus
* Experience in relational database, data modeling, developing SQL queries