Do you want to help fight the effects of COVID? Save lives all over the world? Work with Global technology companies in a specialist capacity?
My international client is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Software Engineer to be part of their Cloud Platform function. They provide a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with industry-leading technology and exposure to influential international corporations.
Post-COVID, employees will enjoy a comfortable office environment with benefits such as a gym, creative remote and office-based work policy, a fully equipped kitchen and amazing coffee!
The ideal candidate will be someone with great interpersonal skills, has a willingness to learn and a drive for innovative solutions to launch the company forward. You will be responsible for providing project planning and management for established initiatives within a company. You will ensure that projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget.
You will be joining a cloud software engineering team in creating an incredible platform on which their groundbreaking science solutions runs on. They need people who are going to help scale an infrastructure that will hold terabytes of data, facilitate millions of users, billions of API calls - across the globe.
Role & Responsibilities
* As part of a team, build APIs and distributed, concurrent, reactive micro services.
* Integrate these services with various machine learning and analytics models and algorithms.
* Build and maintain frameworks for Serverless products and POCs.
* Work with the data science and hardware engineering teams to discuss and understand requirements.
* Submit pull requests for all changes (code and infrastructure) and participate in reviewing others' PRs.
* Enhance the testing and continuous integration of the code you wrote.
* Deploy your own services via Jenkins (and Jarvis, our ChatOps bot).
Skills & Qualifications
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related / relevant industry experience.
* Work in a team as well as independently: we design / problem solve together, but also require individual research into challenges.
* Must be comfortable working in a growing, dynamic and fast-moving environment.
* Willingness to take ownership and accountability for a solution and run with it, both under supervision and without.
* Have the strong interpersonal skills required to collaborate within a team, as well as the competence and discipline to work independently. We design and problem solve together, but you will need to do individual research and perform independent analysis
* Be willing to learn, solve problems, and automate processes
Tech Stack they work with:
* Backend: Scala, Python, Go and Elixir are our main languages.
* Frontend: Legacy code in Objective-C, Swift, Java (Android) and React.js, new work in Flutter.
* AWS - We don't have local servers, everything is in the cloud.
* Postgres, Cassandra and DynamoDB are used for persistence.
* Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Puppet, Docker, Datadog are used to automate and monitor our delivery pipeline.
* Jira, Confluence, Google Apps and Slack are used for collaboration.
* International projects
* Working with household names all over the world
* Work with a fantastic team on groundbreaking applications.
To discuss this new opportunity in more detail, please contact Natasha on +27 10 500 6141 or send your latest CV to email@example.com.
While we aim to respond to each application, this is not always possible. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application. Please ensure you meet the minimum requirements before applying for this position - candidates must be based in South Africa and have working rights in order to apply.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft Dynamics recruiter worldwide, advertising more Dynamics jobs than any other agency. We deal with Microsoft Partners and End users throughout South Africa and the world and have never had such a large demand for Microsoft Dynamics professionals. By specialising in placing candidates in markets in South Africa I have developed excellent relationships with employers in South Africa.