Job Description: Technical Specialist / Software Engineer
Role & Responsibilities
* Support development by working directly with the team leader and architects
* Support the integration aspects of implementing web services, services-oriented architecture solutions (SOA) or event-driven architecture solutions (EDA)
* Develop integration between applications and microservices, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and legacy applications
* Contribute to Data mapping and transformation tasks using XML technologies and tools
* Develop integration modules and web services using Java programming language
* Communicate with business users (business analysts and EMS) to refine business needs
* Work jointly with and the client's SOA architects and system integrators
* Participate in the analysis and design phases of the solution
* Optimize the performance of applications and databases (execution plans, indexes, partitioning, etc.)
* Produce and maintain technical documentation
Skills & Qualifications
* Degree/ Diploma/ NQF 6 in Computer Science, Information Systems or at least 5 years of hands-on experience in software design, application development and systems integration
* Knowledge of cloud technologies is a major asset
* Experience with enterprise architecture and SOA
* Experience in Java programming and system development life cycle methodology.
* Experience in information/data analysis and data modelling
* Experience with XML technologies and standards (XLS, XPath, DTD, XSD, etc.).
* Experience with Java Application Servers: WebLogic & Tomcat
* Knowledge of the financial sector and insurance is an asset
* Strong understanding of continuous integration
* Solid experience in Java programming and web services development (REST, SOAP, Spring Boot, Swagger)
* Strong understanding of relational databases and hands-on experience with MS SQL Server and Oracle Database
* Strong knowledge of the SQL programming language
* Strong sense of development standards and best practices such as automated testing and code reviews
* English fluency
* Experience with WebSphere
* Knowledge of ACORD standard
* French fluency is an asset.
* ETL tools (Informatica, ODI, etc.)
* Java, JDK 8, Spring
* Web services: REST, SOAP, Swagger
* Application servers: Oracle WebLogic, Tomcat, IBM, WebSphere
* Middleware / ESB: Oracle ESB, Oracle BPM, WebSphere ESB
* Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DB, IBM DB2
* Operating systems: Windows Server, Oracle / Red Hat Linux, Solaris
* Microservices and containerization.: Docker, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes; Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
* Cloud: MS Azure, Oracle Cloud, Amazon AWS
* GIT, JIRA, Confluence & Slack
To discuss this new opportunity in more detail, please contact Natasha on +27 10 500 6141 or send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we aim to respond to each application, this is not always possible. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application. Please ensure you meet the minimum requirements before applying for this position - candidates must be based in South Africa and have working rights in order to apply.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft Dynamics recruiter worldwide, advertising more Dynamics jobs than any other agency. We deal with Microsoft Partners and End users throughout South Africa and the world and have never had such a large demand for Microsoft Dynamics professionals. By specialising in placing candidates in markets in South Africa I have developed excellent relationships with employers in South Africa.