My client a Cloud Infrastructure Services company has an established global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result of consistently high demand, the Cloud Practice is looking to increase the scale of the architect team by recruiting an experienced Network architect.
They are seeking to recruit a Network Engineer, ideally with experience of working in a large client outsourcing service environment, to work within a client facing project team. The applicant will be capable of designing and implementing robust network solutions for architecturally approved designs. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
* Salary £40k - £70k pa depending experience
* Competative benefits
* 3 days working on site and 2 days working from home.
* A highly technical role with a service and customer focus involving design (HLD/DLD), implementation activities, client support, projects, transitions, due diligence exercises, for existing clients and new business.
* This is a varied role requiring a broad range of advanced network skills including:
* Design technical solutions for the key components of the network technology stack, including cloud services & connectivity, network hardware/software, load balancers, firewalls, proxies and sizing.
* Provide ideas and innovation and maintain a view of emerging technologies that could enhance the Capgemini service offering for network propositions.
* Review of client network infrastructures and propose options for improvements.
* Ability to work to deadlines and drive complex network proposals to conclusion
* Taking information from customer and or project specifications and turning those into completed design definitions and leading the implementation of those changes for the project.
* Compliance with a stringent change management process, where levels of accuracy of proposed implementation activities will be subject to the fullest review and delivery must follow the agreed plan.
* Proven experience producing complex network designs for architecturally approved solutions.
* Proven experience of designing and implementing complex Data Centre LAN environments.
* Practical working knowledge of WAN/LAN/Public Cloud connectivity/ management/virtualisation technologies and products from leading vendors.
* Experience of tooling for systems management.
* Practical working knowledge of network protocols and standards.
* Practical working knowledge of network security.
* Excellent client and communication skills, good presentation both verbal and written.
* Ability to contribute effectively to workshops and meetings to develop client solutions.
* Manages own time, ability to work to deadlines and drive complex issues to conclusion.
* Flexible approach to working hours and location.
* Ability to work as part of a dispersed team but also self motivated.
* Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical staff.
* Recognised Cisco or other industry certification.
* Experience of outsourcing business, organisation and personalities.
* The candidate should have strong experience of network design, implementation, operations, support and project/change management within a service oriented and controlled infrastructure.
* Security operations and management
* Data centre and storage networking knowledge and experience.
* Mobility skills/knowledge.
* Experience of third-party management (Telco and network providers)
* Previous experience of designing, implementing and supporting infrastructure solutions for large outsourced clients would be beneficial.
* Practical working knowledge of Telco/network provider service offers.
* Ability to review network projects and proposals making recommendations.
* A good working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/ Public Cloud environments is essential.
* Experience with any of the latest generation of networking technologies is highly desirable e.g.:
* Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
* Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Terraform, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
* Security products e.g. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
* VMware NSX and other NFV products.
* Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration, Solarwinds, CA
* Additional experience with load balancers, hardware proxy devices, IDS/AV, and Voice technologies would be desirable.
* Experience with key vendors, primarily Cisco (IOS, NX-OS, ACI) / F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM) / Bluecoat / Fortigate / Checkpoint, Azure, Amazon and Google Cloud plus other vendor experience is welcome and beneficial.
* Travel away from home may be required on occasions.
* The candidate will need to be able to gain security clearance for government work; this process can take place once they have joined but any job offer will be dependent on SC clearance being obtained.