Are you a AWS/Azure/GCP Cloud Solutions Architect looking for a new challenge?
Are you based in Doncaster, Leeds, Sheffield or the surrounding areas and want 4 days at home and 1 day in the office.
My client provides IT services to both internal and external customers. Our services include public and private Cloud compute, storage and backup, alongside service desk, networking, security and project management all operating within an ITIL framework. Our Customers are currently located within the UK and Continental Europe.
* Salary paying up to £75k p.a
* Good benefits and holiday package
* free secure car parking 24/7 with a complementary courtesy bus service to Doncaster Rail / Bus station
* Lead the design of cloud solutions to meet customer requirements (initially based on AWS).
* Align solutions to any regulations that need to be observed including DB Group regulations.
* Lead the implementation of AWS solutions.
* Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency.
* Engage with suppliers to solve business and technical problems on their platform and with their ecosystem.
* Lead, mentor and inspire the use of automated deployment methods throughout the organization, while working to best practices.
* Provide technical oversight, review, quality control and best practice advice when required.
* Contribute to the development of standards and operational capability and willing to coach and develop others within the organization.
* Act as an escalation point (Subject Matter Expert) for cloud (initially AWS) technical issues and decisions.
* Participate in customer meetings to present and discuss options that meet the customer requirements for insource and external customers.
* Be able to think strategically about business, product, technical and financial challenges.
* Deliver value to our customers.
* Educate customers on options and provide recommendations for platform architecture, coding best-practices, security, integration, add-ons, development process, migration etc.
* Produce technical designs ranging from high level frameworks down to low level component
* Responsible for architecting and designing solutions for IaaS/PaaS/SaaS on cloud platforms for a variety of internal and external customers.
* Whilst primarily a technical role it will also include customer meetings in which it is expected that the holder will present and participate in discussions around proposed designs.
* It is expected that the role will also include initial design, setup and deployment of solutions, handover to operational teams, migration and transitional services (CMO / TMO / FMO), end-to-end consultation and to be the subject matter expert in the relevant domains.
Required Technical Skillsets & Experience:
Educated to degree level and/or holder of a professional qualification & Two or more of the following:
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
* AWS Certified Developer - Associate
* AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
* AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
Essential Personal Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum of ten years' experience working within an IT role of which at least five years in an implementation / customer facing role.
* At least 7 years' experience in IT Infrastructure environment (Networks, Server, Storage, Desktop).
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
* Creation of designs, and presentations to explain solutions at all levels within the insource or external customers.
* Strong understanding of containerized workloads and container orchestration products such as Kubernetes, EKS.
* Knowledge and experience of source code management & CI/CD.
* Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code and its benefits (Terraform).
* Experience of automated configuration management using tools such as Ansible.
* Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages and coding skills (C/C++/C#, Node.JS, Java, Ruby, PHP).
* Familiarity of disaster recovery and backup process.
* Knowledge & experience of application and system migration techniques coupled with product sets.
* Knowledge of other cloud provider product sets, e.g. Azure, Google Cloud.
* Working knowledge of IP Networks and firewalls.
* Convey the benefits of public cloud services along with other DB Systel UK products at customer meetings / forums / webinars / conferences and other engagement meetings.
* Comfortable working with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
If this role sounds like it could be for you or you would like to now more then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org