Embedded Software Engineer - Bracknell - negotiable - C++/C & Linux
Currently recruiting for our client, an award winning manufacturer of security products, who are looking to hire an embedded software engineer with strong skills in C++ and C & Linux.
This is a great opportunity for someone with good communication skills who is looking to expand their experience in embedded systems and has ideally worked on s/w design
The role is based in Bracknell, Berkshire and the successful candidate would ideally live within a 25 mile radius and work in a hybrid work life.
The ideal candidate should have these essential skills:
* Research, design and develop software solutions for new and existing products and features.
* Provide full technical documentation for allocated projects and provide support for those projects where future design changes are required.
* Ensure product designs and code conform to all relevant standards pertaining to safety, functionality and performance.
* Ensure new code and updated code is fully tested with no regressions.
* Participate in code and design reviews
* Work with the Project Manager and/or the Team Leader to provide realistic effort estimates for new projects.
* To take part in specification and planning meetings as required.
* Provide status reports on assigned tasks to the Project Manager.
* Investigate and resolved issues within the code.
* Organise your work within each stage of a project to achieve an earliest possible completion date.
* When required provide support to resolve customer issues.
* Train and support new staff where the need arises.
Must Needed Skill Set;
* C/C++ skills, (+ 5 years)
* Embedded Linux (+ 5 years)
* Object oriented design methods and tools
* Comms MQTT,TLS, REST API, RS485, USB
* Target debugs, monitors or simulators
* Good communication skills, have the ability to clearly convey an issue and solution.
* Creation of quality technical documentation.
* Source code control systems (Git)
* Proven experience in an Agile software development environment
* Debugging skill
* Java script
* ARM Cortex family of processors
* Real Time Operating Systems
* UI/UX coding
* TCP and UDP communications
* Familiarity with peripherals e.g. GPIO, DMA, ADC, Timers, etc
* Wifi, OTA, uboot, 3G and 4G modems
* JIRA software
* Component test harnesses