General Description of role
You will be an experienced DevOps engineer using your knowledge and skills to transform our software deployment process towards a fully automated solution. You will be comfortable working with infrastructure engineers and software developers alike. You will be joining a young DevOps team and have the opportunity to shape the direction and strategy of the team going forward.
* Build, configure, run and patch Kubernetes clusters.
* Work with Software Developers to release code (including new applications) across the application stack (development, beta, production, etc).
* Write delivery pipelines.
* Contribute to Infrastructure as Code transformation programmes.
* Take an automated-first approach to all tasks.
* Engineer new tools and applications that improve production and deployment capabilities for all teams.
* Problem-solving production issues including on-call responsibilities.
* Work on projects across the business to ensure operational excellence.
* Design and write automated tests within a CI framework on configuration, packaging and deployment scripts.
* Work closely with Infrastructure and Security Engineers to implement operational requirements; identify and fix bugs and streamline development workflows.
* Be an ambassador for DevOps across the business, influencing others to embrace automation and DevOps principles.
* Work with the Release Manager to ensure successful and streamlined production deployments.
* Strong operational experience running multi-tiered apps on Kubernetes, preferably including Helm chart development.
* Solid background in software engineering using an object-oriented language.
* Proficient with Git.
* Experience with Linux and virtualization.
* Deep knowledge of containerisation.
* Confident with Ansible and Terraform for configuration management.
* Substantial experience with AWS.
* CI/CD tooling and delivery best practices.
* Network and security knowledge.
* Experience deploying, managing and troubleshooting of software applications (including Web Apps and B2B).
Happy working using Agile practices, and JIRA.