Not familiar with us?
You probably use our services every single day - ever visited a website ending in a .uk?
We've been running the national internet namespace for a quarter of a century, sitting proudly at the heart of the UK's critical digital infrastructure.
Such a responsibility requires world-leading cyber security and we're gaining a reputation for our innovative new security solutions, protecting our own systems and beyond.
But we're also a Public Benefit business. We invest in making a positive impact of the lives that are being most disrupted in our digital age: young people. We're known as one of the UK's leading 'tech for good' funders and the commitment to building a connected, secure and inclusive digital future drives everything we do. It's not just rhetoric - ask our staff.
THE BEST BITS
With us you can expect a competitive salary (depending on experience of course), plus excellent benefits including 30 days holidays, Healthcare, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Wellbeing allowance, Remote Working, Flex benefits and much much more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a multi-disciplined, skilled and self-motivated DevOps Engineer to join the Cyber Solutions and help us deliver our Protective DNS solution. You will work closely with other engineers as part of a cross-functional scrum team. Within the team, you will be responsible for deployment of products into cloud environments as well as building artefacts for distribution to customers so you'll need good skills developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines. Our customers require very high availability of our Protective DNS system and you'll have the opportunity to work with modern technologies, such as Kubernetes and terraform in a cloud native environment to design and deliver a data platform.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Work on deployment, management and maintenance of cloud-based cyber security products.
* Support development of new product features and services.
* Deliver implementation of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant configuration and infrastructure in an agile working environment.
* Advise colleagues to ensure new products and features are deployed safely in a timely and effective manner.
* Investigating and engaging with new trends, technologies, and configurations.
* Advocate, educate and build consensus.
* Building relationships with other teams/key stakeholders and working in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for customers.
WHO YOU ARE
* Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Commercial experience working with Terraform, Kubernetes and Helm.
* Good familiarity with Git and GitLab.
* Good knowledge of a scripting language.
* Experience of CI/CD using tools such as GitLab pipelines or GitHub actions.
* Experience developing containerised workflows with Docker or equivalent tools.
* Superb interpersonal communication skills.
* Superb attention to detail.
* Knowledge of streaming events systems such as Kafka or Kinesis.
* Familiarity with RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
* Any background in Cloud networking and security.
* Prior experiences of data processing such as Spark and Druid would be advantageous.
* Experience of monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana would be nice to have.