I am working with a London based public sector client who are looking to engage with a contractor for an initial 4 month period to support their migration from Sage 200 to MS Business central/Navision.
The business has also gone live with a new MS Dynamics CRM registration system that has issues with the finance interfaces resulting in manual work-arounds. The finance interface plugged into the CRM system is Business Central. On a monthly basis Business Central produce a journal which gets uploaded to the main accounting system.
The use Sage 200 as its main accounting system and Excel for reporting. The ambition is to move all systems to Business Central.
Role & Responsibilities
* Perform the functional management of the financial systems
* Manage and monitor the finance system interfaces with the operational systems.
* Manage and update income and expenditure financial model
* Review the current interfaces, forms and procedures of the system and propose solutions to streamline and reduce manual intervention.
* Identify, scope and propose future development requirements on our existing finance systems
* Effectively plan for and deliver system improvement projects
* Liaise with various stakeholders to determine the different requirements of the system, and to understand how any changes will impact the wider business.
* Be responsible for testing and implementing the necessary changes to the system
* Troubleshooting and fixing finance related system issues
* Provide ad-hoc support on other Finance projects as required
* Finance systems documentation is maintained and up to date, including user guides
* Support end user training requirements
* Streamline and standardise current Finance department work-flow processes to provide improvement in quality, service, and productivity
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
Skills & Qualifications
* Demonstrate financial systems management skills, including implementing and improving systems.
* Experience of system data control, work-flows, process transactions in Microsoft Business Central
* Part qualified AAT or higher
* Knowledge of financial processes, Accounting Regulations and International Standards
* A self-starter who is constantly looking to improvement
* Strong communicator with good stakeholder management skills
* Advanced Excel skills, with excellent attention to detail
* Knowledge of Excel VBA beneficial
* Interest in business analytics tools