Our client is a leader in cloud implementation, managed services, application development and training. It is a recognised cloud-native pioneer and is triple certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform as well as Amazon Web Services.
They are looking for a Data Engineer to join their growing Data-driven Business team. As a Data Engineer within this team, you will be responsible for the designing, architecting and implementing of modern cloud-based pipelines for their customers, making data accessible and usable for a new wave of data-powered services and apps.
The ideal candidate will have:
* 3 years of professional programming experience and hands-on experience in building modern data platforms/pipelines.
* Programming languages: Python, Java, Scala,
* Frameworks: Spark/PySpark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Kafka
* Tools: Jupyter Notebooks, BI Tools
* Databases: NoSQL, Relational databases (columnar & row-oriented), Graph databases
* Data pipelining: ETL, ELT
* Consultancy experience
* Previous experience gained in mid-size/large, international companies
* Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure
* An interest in or experience with machine learning and/or artificial intelligence