Jefferson Frank are working with an exciting consultancy that has just gone live with a new greenfield project for a large Financial organisation, as part of a rapid scale up process we are looking for a AWS Network Consultant / Architect. This role will be Outside IR35, long term contract and fully remote.
You will be responsible for the overall network and network architecture of AWS cloud platforms. You will have end to end responsibilities for designing the internal and external network connectivity for the platform through to overseeing its build and operation.
* Experience of traditional networking concepts (including DNS, NTP, Load Balancers, Routing, Firewalls, Proxies, VPNs)
* Experience of AWS cloud networking concepts (VPCs, Subnets, Route Tables, NACLs, Transit Gateway, Route 53, Direct Connect, Internet / NAT / VPN Gateways)
* Experience of designing an enterprise network architecture within AWS in accordance with security best practice / requirements
* Experience of providing detailed network designs and providing governance over their implementation
* Assessing and designing external network connectivity to and from third parties
* Providing network connectivity between cloud and on-premises network zones
* Troubleshooting network connectivity issues
* Experience of working with open source and commercial security monitoring, WAFs, NIDS, HIDS, web proxies and Anti Malware products
* Knowledgeable about the key security risks that are present when using AWS and how these can be mitigated using network design
* Great written and verbal communication skills, with a willingness to be collaborative and pragmatic in nature
* AWS associate, professional or speciality certification, or desire to obtain one within a short space of time
* Delivering within an agile environment
Please apply, or feel free to reach out to me confidentially on firstname.lastname@example.org