Lead Software Developer - 100% Remote - Perm - Up to £80k
Our client is a standout and revolutionary financial services software company that provides a first to market solution for some of the biggest names in the industry. As part of their forward goals they are quickly becoming to go to name for software solutions specifically within the insurance sector.
The quality and maintainability of their software is of utmost importance to them, so they are looking for motivated engineers with significant experience of building full-stack software applications and coaching teams to focus on the whole development lifecycle.
You will lead a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product to deliver elegant, intuitive, and user-friendly applications and services using the latest technologies. They believe in a team-first culture and invest in developing their individuals, your focus will be on guiding the efforts of other members of your team and producing simple solutions that less-experienced engineers can use, maintain, and learn from.
This is a great opportunity for you to develop, test, build, ship and operate full stack applications in the challenging environment of FinTech. You will be directly responsible for designing and implementing tightly focused APIs, services and user interfaces and, together with your team, you will support them in production.
What you will need:
* You will have recent hands-on experience as a mid-level/senior software engineer in a team environment
* You will have extensive experience of agile practices and values
* You will have knowledge of designing RESTful services and/or GraphQL
* You will have experience with event driven architectures
* You will have exposure to serverless architecture, preferably with Amazon Web Services
* You will have experience of test driven development and pair programming
* You will have experience of automated end-to-end testing
* You will have experience of functional programming
* You will have experience of leading teams, helping to facilitate valuable outcomes through coaching and mentoring
* You will have considerable written and verbal communication skills and are able to use these skills to generate a
* You will have experience as a manager, with a focus on soft skills and developing your people through autonomy, mastery and purpose
What they can offer you:
* Salary of up to £80,000 per annum
* Work fully remote
* Your own home set up paid for by the company
* Travel costs 100% if needed in the office (Maybe 4 times a year MAX!)
* Company Bonus
* Development Bonus
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, then please apply below or get in contact with Lewis Hamber at L.email@example.com.