Lead Data Scientist - Fully Remote/Edinburgh
Negotiable Salary DOE
My client are a large retail bank, who are looking to build a state of the art Data Science function within the business and require a technical lead, an expert in data science, to lead the development and deployment of predictive models delivering benefit to the business and the customer. Working in a project environment to drive forward data science with tangible benefits.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well renowned bank, who's focus is on digital/data solutions to grow the business, this is a good fit for those who enjoy giving ownership and freedom over their solutions, are comfortable managing a small team and with plans to progress into a Data Science Manager role.
Role & Responsibilities
* Lead the technical end-to-end design and deployment of predictive models using data science methods to deliver powerful tools to make better customer and business decisions.
* Be the technical interface with business stakeholders to ensure commercial and credit risk requirements are accurately captured and data science solutions are delivered in the right form to meet their needs.
* Always keep the customer in sight and ensure a Minimal Viable Product is delivered to make a tangible difference.
* Support the Data Science Manager in growing the technical capability of Data Science colleagues and be an advocate for Data Science across the Customer Division.
* Keep abreast of Data Science innovation with external centres of excellence and be the expert point of contact for data science use cases across the Bank.
* Ensure that all models are built and used within the Bank's model governance framework. Act as the lead contact with internal oversight functions.
* Be the lead technical interface into other areas of Analytics and the wider Customer division to extract tangible value from data science solutions delivered by the team.
Skills & Qualifications
* 5+ years experience of data science and predictive modelling to tackle business problems in banking commercial and/or credit risk.
* Strong background in maths/stats, computer science
* Grasp of profit / loss drivers in retail banking and an understanding of credit risk principles and application.
* 5+ years working in a fast paced project environment.
Bonus up to 25%
Flexible Work from Home
To apply to this role, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call for a confidential chat on 0191 255 1421.
LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/jack-kiernan-firth-ba490a173/
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.