DevOps/Platform Engineer - Up to £85k DOE
Who my client are?
Their technology is based on comparison - they apply the same methods of language comparison to uncover crucial and unexpected differences in the way people talk. This then helps organisations inform new strategies to interact and communicate more effectively with their audiences.
What does the role involve?
Proven experience to lead the new DevOps function in their technical team. You will work alongside their current highly talented development team to ensure that the software workflows remain efficient across the various technical teams.
Role and Responsibilities
* Monitoring and measuring resource usage to pre-empt any potential problems
* Mentoring and guiding other team members to evangelise the DevOps processes
* Automate and maintain our CI/CD pipeline
* Oversee application and infrastructure planning, testing and development
* Work with developers and senior managers to ensure the software development processes are working as intended
* Ensure that systems are secure and robust against external threats
* Help improve the development and software release processes
* Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
* Experience of modern Cloud Platforms (particularly AWS)
* Use of containerisation and orchestration
* Excellent knowledge of DevOps processes and Best Practices
* Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL and Mongo
* Previous use of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
* Experience with the Atlassian tool suite
* Problem solving attitude
* A desire for continuous improvement
* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - We care about the wellbeing of our team so no matter what life throws your way, our EAP can help you through it. Providing you with free and confidential expert guidance and counselling, and more.
* The Academy - We love learning! Their Academy provides an opportunity for us to stretch our knowledge and learn new skills. This starts with a structured Induction Programme, where you learn everything you need to know to get up to speed in your role as quickly as possible.
* Tech Scheme - If you are in need of personal tech, we will loan you the money (up to a certain value) to purchase what you need and agree on a payment plan for you to pay back the owed amount.
* Special Leave - This is an additional 5 days of holiday per year. The aim of special leave is to provide balance for employees across work responsibility and personal commitments. Examples: Birthdays, House Moves, Domestic Reasons, Parental Leave.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785.