Lead Mobile Software Developer
We are looking for someone with deep Android and mobile development experience to oversee the development of the flagship product at a small start-up. This Lead Android Developer will collaborate directly with the CEO, designers, and developers to lead the development of new Android applications and the improvement of existing applications. The Lead will manage, audit, and, occasionally, write high quality code.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
* Strong knowledge/experience of the Android development ecosystem (Firebase, AndroidX, AWS SDK), Jetpack, Kotlin, Java
* Understand device idiosyncrasies, Android Enterprise profiles, working with low-level Android (i. e. writing launchers, messaging apps, modifying basic UI)
* Experience or familiarity with AOSP and Generic System Images
* Strong knowledge of Android / Material UI design principles and best practices (Material components, …)
* Understanding of concurrency, performance measurement, and tuning, caching and offline storage and the Android app lifecycle
* Strong understanding of integrating with back-end data sources (REST APIs) and cloud messaging services (Firebase)
* Knowledge of accessibility, security and user authentication
This is a full-time, salary position in Austin, TX or Shiner, TX.
Relocation is not available at this time.
FTE Only / No C2C