Research Associate, mRNA process development Location: Cambridge, MA
An early stage start-up that is focused on creating mRNA drugs that instruct specific cells in the body on how to make their own medicine, is actively hiring Research Associates.
You will be part of the team responsible for the production and purification of mRNA therapeutics, analytically characterizing them, and testing them in vitro and in vivo for preclinical studies.
Role & Responsibilities
* Synthesize and purify routine mRNA products for preclinical studies
* Help establish and optimize our mRNA IVT manufacturing scale-up capability.
* Help develop scalable strategies for downstream product purification
* Carry out process development studies using the design-of-experiments approach.
* Perform routine analytical and bioanalytical tasks such as HPLC, qPCR, ELISA, fragment analysis, mammalian cell culture, transfection, fluorescence, flow cytometry
* Help with in vivo studies in rodents for quality validation
* Collaborate with the Immuno-Oncology and Lipid Nanoparticle Formulation teams
* Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to team members and management
* Participate in experimental design and troubleshooting efforts
Skills & Qualifications
* BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or a similar field (MS degree preferred
* 2-5 years of academic or industry experience in nucleic acid manufacturing
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organization skills, approaching tasks with efficiency
* Ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate scientific data
* Experience with automation
* Prior mammalian cell culture experience
* Familiarity with nucleic acid purification and chemistry, enzyme kinetics, and analytical characterization of biomolecules
* Experience with analytical techniques HPLC/UPLC, FPLC, MALDI-TOF MS, LC-MS/MS, NMR
* Experience with bioprocess engineering principles, process modeling, and Design of Experiment (DoE) statistical tools and GMP regulations
* Prior in vivo experience with mice
* Lipid nanoparticle drug formulation experience
* Competitive Salary
* Full Benefits Package: 401k, Healthcare Coverage, Life Insurance Coverage
* Parking and commuter benefits
* Flexible spending account
* Paid parental, family caregiver, medical leave