Job Title - Ruby Architect/Tech Lead (Developer positions available too
Job Type - Permanent & Full Time
Location - Cape Town (Northern Suburbs)
Salary - Up to R140k per month CTC (Plus bonuses)
Start Date - ASAP
I am delighted to say I am working with one of my favourite clients located in the lovely Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. We are currently looking to take on a enthusiastic Ruby Developer with Architecture experience. My client is not your average organisation; they ooze excitement and fun in the workplace, and simultaneously deliver high class. In other words it is a "Work Hard" & "Play Hard" culture. They build brands with technology using the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. We create the future for our clients. We do different.
They are currently looking to expand their team of Devs to be working on their exciting projects as they continue to grow their established organisation. Ideal time for those who wish to progress further in their career with a forward thinking organisation.
Tech lead experience is not required as training will be given for those who wish to take on this pathway.
Candidate Essentials & Desirable Skills:
* Minimum 7 year's experience in development with a Minimum of 4+ Years with Ruby
* Excellent knowledge & experience with REST api design, implementation and testing.
* Knowledge of micro-service based architecture principles, pros and cons
* Highly skilled at designing, building & troubleshooting distributed, asynchronous, queue-based systems
* High bar for quality of software implementation
* Proficient with OO design and SOLID principles
* Ability to lead the architecture competency, focusing on the backend, frontend a bonus
* Demonstrable experience identifying security gaps in systems and implementing solutions to fill the gaps
* Comfortable working with complex business rules
* Proficient with storage design and implementation (SQL, NoSQL, files).
* Strong understanding of networking in the cloud (DNS, load-balancing, CDNs, proxies, routing, gateways)
* Coding ability at the senior engineer level and ability to mentor more junior developers on coding best practices and software design.
* Ability to articulate and motivate for complex architecture principles to peers and business stake holders.
* Understands the trade-offs between cost, build vs buy, cloud vs on-prem and make credible proposals to business for any new architectures
* In depth understanding of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS in the cloud
* Demonstrable experience with several cloud services.
* Ability to build ci/cd pipelines to increase efficiency of the SDLC.
* Adept at designing systems that meet business need and deliver value to customers
Take the next step!
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding with us means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
If you would like more details please feel free to get in touch providing your contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat about the role.