Hardware Design Engineer
Hardware Engineer will be responsible for research, design and development of digital and analogue electronics within the hardware engineering team that forms part of the Cyber UK business unit.
This position will be inside IR35.
Design, development and validation of digital and analogue electronics.
The programmes undertaken by Communication Systems Business Unit in which this role sits, range from tens of £k to several £m. Team sizes vary depending upon the complexity of the programme, but can be up forty members, particularly when hardware, software and firmware development is required, across multiple sites.
Responsible for / Key responsibilities
* Specify, design and prove/verify digital and analogue electronic hardware in order to deliver high quality electronic hardware that meets the requirements in a timely manner and within budget.
* Perform design calculations and carry out simulations using industry standard tools, and prototype as required, in order to estimate performance, identify high-risk areas and ensure high quality designs that require minimal re-design.
* Develop and test/verify electronic hardware according to the hardware development process.
* Estimate time and effort required for electronic hardware activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
* Work with production test to ensure designs are suitable for volume production. Support production to assist them with the rapid debugging and resolution of electronic hardware issues encountered in order to minimise production delays.
* Work constructively with other team members, actively contributing to design reviews, to ensure a collaborative working environment.
* Explains technically complex concepts clearly to less technical/involved parties.
* Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual to ensure compliance with Government regulations.
* Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, SC security clearance.
Qualifications / skills required
* Degree in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Extensive experience of one or more of the following;
* Experience of high-speed digital designs that include processors and programmable devices
* Experience of analogue circuit design and switched-mode power supply design
* Able to design reliable power supplies that meet requirements and analyse against all input and output conditions across temperature, and estimate performance accurately.
* Competent with schematic capture tools and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
* Must have developed large, complex designs requiring multi-layer PCBs (and PCB stack-up design).
* Appreciation of design and test for EMC and TEMPEST.
* Experience of DOORS, PADS and/or PSpice.
This role is Inside IR35 - £490 a day
* SC Clearance preferred but SC Eligible also considered