SysAdmin (Security) | Contract | 100% Remote
Jefferson Frank are currently on the lookout for a security- aware SysAdmin for a leading name in the internet space. This is an inside IR35 contract, 3 months initially with scope for extension moving forward.
* Ensure the operational and production environment is secure.
* Design and build security improvements t existing infrastructure estate including RHEL6/7/8 servers, VMware virtualised environments, 3par storage, f5 load balancers and HPE compute clusters.
* Participate within routine patching and own the rollout of security patches to mitigate vulnerabilities.
* Proactively manage security backlog.
* Identify and design security requirements across new systems.
* Develop technical solutions and integrate new security tools that will mitigate against vulnerabilities.
* Patch and upgrade key systems across our operating systems, storage, compute and the rest of our core infrastructure.
* Peer-review changes from team members.
* Take a security-first approach to systems and ensure any vulnerabilities reported are resolved within agreed SLAs and timeframes.
* Server and network hardening.
* Work within an ISO 27001 framework to secure and preserve vital production services.
Required Skill & Experience
* Knowledge of security standards, common attack vectors and mitigations.
* Excellent knowledge of Linux (preferably RHEL) and Windows.
* Experience securing large-scale infrastructure operating across multiple data centres.
* Able to identify and improve the security posture of AWS-hosted services.
* Comfortable interacting with and patching VMware v6.x environments.
* Knowledge of ISO27001.
* A thorough understanding of internet, networking and other infrastructure technologies.
* Be incredibly motivated and be an ambassador for change.
* Comfortable scripting using an appropriate language (e.g. Bash, Python, shell, etc)
If this sounds like you, please apply below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.