£48,000 - £84,000 Base (Mid/Senior/Lead)
Manchester - 3 days in Office/Week
Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe?
We are looking for an AWS Developer to join our Software Engineering team, working with our National Security customers, building systems that support their core mission capabilities.
You'll work as part of empowered, autonomous DevOps teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services on AWS. We fully embrace DevOps ways of working in our teams, and build a very broad range of capabilities for our customers. We therefore value Engineers who enjoy playing a role in the full delivery lifecycle and are flexible to learn and pick up new technologies and approaches.
You will have experience in many of the following:
* Plenty of experience in AWS and experience in solving complex business issues; Regarded as an AWS subject matter expert
* Demonstrable expertise with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda, RDS, KMS, ELB, SNS, SQS, IAM
* Scripting abilities with languages such as Shell, Bash, or Python
* Good coding experience of at least 1 Lambda compatible language
* Proficient in Infrastructure as Code technologies (eg CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform)
* Source controlling your code with Version Control Systems, for example Git, Mercurial, Perforce
* Great communication and problem solving skills, and a desire to learn new technologies
* Working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc)
How we will support you
* Base Salary: we are currently looking for talented engineering talent across Mid/Senior/Tech Lead positions, our starting salaries range between £48,000 - £84,000.
* Work-life balance is important; you can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working, and many of our roles include hybrid working enabling a mix of working from home and in the office
* You'll get 25 days holiday a year and the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
* Our flexible benefits package includes private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
* You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career
* You'll be part of our company bonus scheme
To apply for this role you will need to be eligible for both SC & DV Clearance and will need to have full right to work within the UK.
Please apply directly to this advert alternatively, you can email email@example.com a copy of your most recent CV and your availability to discuss the opportunity.