Lead DevOps Engineer - Up to £100k DOE
FULLY REMOTE UK WIDE
My client are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; they think big and they hire great people. They're more than just another IT services company - they are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in them and they'll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, they want to meet you.
Due to continued success and growth, they are expanding their development team and are now looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer. You will be working with architects, technologists and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that their products and solutions integrate with our clients. Additionally, the Lead DevOps Engineer will take a lead role working closely with our Operations Engineering team to provide a world-class DevOps Environment capable of handling the anticipated development load.
* Provide technical expertise for provisioning AWS/SaaS and on-premise products
* Lead on the setting and enforcement of standards and practices affecting development of all new products as well as impacting existing ones. Develop these standards in coordination with peers in other divisions.
* Evangelize the cloud and microservice message and architecture within the development organisation and to our field organisations, partners, and customers
* Research new technologies, including hands-on technical evaluation and POCs.
* Create and maintain documentation
* Advocate the AWS Well-Architected Framework & Server-less workloads
* Configure and work with:
* AWS DevOps tooling
* Containerisation technologies (Docker)
* Version control using Git-based repositories (BitBucket/GitHub)
* API-driven and microservices-based architectures
* Development of Python applications with unit tests as-standard (TDD)
* 7+ years of experience in information technology
* 4+ years actively working with AWS workloads; provisioning and/or managing AWS infrastructure
* 2+ years actively developing Python-based Applications (Lambda desirable)
* Demonstrated experience in both legacy corporate approaches as well as experience pivoting to cloud approach.
* In-depth knowledge of Python programming language
* In-depth knowledge of one high-level infrastructure as code software (CloudFormation or Terraform desirable)
* At least one active AWS Associate Certification, AWS Professional Certification desirable
Before you apply, here are some of thirty benefits. They offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. They offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
They offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers.
To apply or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785.