Lead DevOps Cloud Engineer
*please note we cannot provide sponsorship*
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are after leading edge, talented individuals to join our Cloud Engineering team as a Lead DevOps Engineer.
At present, we are creating a payments innovation programme for a leading bank that are disrupting the financial sector through a revolutionary payment landscape.
We are predominantly assisting in building and migrating into the AWS ecosystem to assist their mission. Our large infrastructure group are working as part of their core data and digital transformation unit in the bank to mould the Cloud Platform.
Also working with other clients including Siemens, Jet2, Lloyds bank, HSBC, and other financial companies.
Are you a hard working and super passionate Lead Cloud Engineer, with experience in delivering innovative, technical solutions to a range of industry requirements and varying client demands?
Do you have deep technical and hands-on experience implementing various practices and tools using emerging technology?
Are you interested in promoting the best of breed open-source tooling, patterns of technology and to work one of the world's largest banking brands delivering Cloud Native and Solid Data Foundations?
Do you enjoy leading a team while staying hands on to your management approach?
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
As a Lead Cloud Engineer you will work with and lead our teams, while also managing the teams by our end client. You will collaborate regularly with developers, architects, and engineers along with other IT staff to oversee the highest efficiency and quality to our work, while aiding the project to reach key milestones.
As a Lead Cloud Engineer, you will assist in build-out Cloud engineering capability for this project, lead by example with regards to delivering robust networking, coding, developing, connectivity for infrastructure and platform Operational services.
* DevOps engineering
* Technical solutions architecture design and delivery
* Development and Coding Python and Java
* Code review
* Infrastructure as code
* GCP, AWS or Azure
* Data and Development and Automation
* Leading teams
* On Prem migrations to Cloud
* Cloud Native principles
Strong experience in:
* Pipelines and CI/CD, GitOps concepts
* UNIX OSs
* Docker and tool containerisation (Kafka, Zookeeper, Grafana ...)
* Kubernetes and knowledge in Cloud Native Foundation Landscape
Preferred experience in:
* Experience of Infrastructure for GCP, AWS, or Azure
* Open-source technology such as Kubernetes
* GKE or K8
* Security for these types of platforms
* Experience with Helm
* Jenkins and a shared library architecture for automation
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Competitive compensation
* Permanent position
* Benefits package, including health insurance and mental health support
* Financial support for ongoing training in disruptive technologies
* Relaxed dress code at the offices
* An abundance of career paths and opportunities in which to advance
* A flexible and hybrid work environment - based in London
Please note you require the right to work in the UK to be able to apply to this position.
If you'd like to know more about this opportunity or other roles I have on, please reach out to me on 0191 255 1429 or email me email@example.com