A fantastic opportunity for a Cloud Operations Engineer to join a highly successful software consultancy (Advanced AWS Consulting Partner). You will join the friendly, technically brilliant, and award-winning team of a customer success manager, consultants and developers to work on some of the best IoT and cloud projects around. You will work on a variety of projects within health-care, energy, public sector and education.
The role is for a Cloud Operations Engineer, with strong competency in AWS and experienced in Linux/Unix administration. An individual who is methodical in their approach, enjoys troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes and can efficiently manage and prioritise a varying workload, while providing strong communication with clients.
The office is based in Cambridge and you can be remote or hybrid, but will be expected to go into the office once or twice a month.
Role & Responsibilities
* Investigating and managing 2nd and 3rd level support escalations
* Ensuring customer infrastructures are maintained, secure and updated
* Identifying software bugs and proposing fixes for peer review by the engineering team.
Skills & Qualifications
* Experience with the core AWS services and cloud technology.
* Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, OpsGenie or similar.
* Experience in maintaining cloud-native applications in an AWS environment.
* Experience in development in order to troubleshoot and propose/implement software bug fixes.
* Good background in Linux/Unix administration.
* 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
* Matched pension up to 6%
* Share options and a discretionary bonus
* Vitality healthcare and life insurance
* Training and career progression
* Funded AWS certifications
* Team social events
If you're interested please contact email@example.com to be shortlisted for the position.