A leading tech-first company are looking for experienced contract developers during an important phase of the companies growth. You will be an accomplished developer with proven commercial code and build experience and have demonstrable technical expertise.
As the ideal candidate you will have a passion for your work and be happy working both individually and as part of a wider team - the ability to work autonomously and problem solve is a must!
Within this role you will be working to make back-end Infrastructure changes around data structures in the Databases- all on an AWS / Docker environment - and transitioning data to new types, before then deploying safely into production (after testing).
Key Skills and Experience:
* Expert Scala ability with proven commercial experience
* Demonstrable AWS experience and knowledge
* Commercial experience with Docker
* Postgres, Auroa and Dynamo DB understanding (not the core function of the role, but an understanding of how your work impacts on production of DBs - we are looking for Scala developers, not DBAs.)
Other desirable skills and experience:
* Fully remote contract, even post-Covid restrictions
* 3 months initial (negotiable to 6 months), with planned extensions
* Outside IR35 - the company relies heavily on contract consultants and is committed to ensuring contracts adhere to IR35 regulations
* Up to £500 per day for the right candidate