Java Back End Tech Lead - Oslo
We are looking for a tech lead for a leading fintech company in Oslo that provides technology products and solutions to the financial markets industry. Over 40 trillion US Dollars' worth of shares are traded each year on the world's stock-exchanges through billions of trades and many billions of orders. Together with funds, bonds, all other types of financial instruments, news-feeds and research reports, this becomes an enormous deluge of information.
You will join a company that has for over 25 years has developed software that helps their users to make sense of the enormous mountain of financial data used to trade billions of dollars of financial instructions each year. They deliver the most user-friendly and flexible solutions in the financial markets, helping institutions reduce costs, adapt to fast changing market requirements and be able to work more effectively with increasing amounts of information.
Their Investor Relations & Hosted Solutions team is looking for an experience Backend Java Technical Lead with a strong sense of ownership who loves to solve problems with original thinking. You will work along with 4 backend and 4 frontend developers which make up the development squad.
In this role, you are part of a team following agile methodologies. Your responsibilities are to own backend development for the squad's domain of web-based market data and trading solutions. You will contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
What you will do
* Own, design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable backend architecture and components.
* Design and deliver for scalability, performance, and reliability
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
* You will have interesting and demanding tasks in an international environment.
* Very experienced in Java development, Git/source control, test driven development, SQL, testing.
* Demonstrated leadership ability in a cross-functional, highly collaborative environment
* Experience with object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
* Experience with leading and mentoring junior and senior developers in fundamentals of backend development.
* Able to translate big picture requirements into target backend architecture
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
It is a plus if you have:
* Domain knowledge on financial domain (including financial protocols)
* Kubernetes / Containerization
REST Web services (JAX-RS)
This is a great place to work as a developer. They have a flexible and fun environment and want to help their developers excel. They want their co-worker's best work and best ideas so they strive to create an environment for innovation, both through their daily work and their periodical hackathons.
They have customers spanning across more than 30 countries. They use English as the working language to cater for their international workforce.
Interviews will start taking place next week. Please contact Therese Dahl on email@example.com for more information