Head of Data Engineering
London, England, United Kingdom, Technology Full time
This company is bringing technological innovation to the market infrastructure of a long -established sector-Proxy Voting, Shareholder Disclosure and Identification.
Founded in London, from very beginning their mission focused on benefitting the whole eco system, rather than just one part or one player within it. This ethos is endorsed by investment from a unique and global consortium of the industry's most influential financial institutions.
They currently serve 29 markets and are growing their global footprint fast. With offices in UK, Israel and Australia, their Shareholder ID and Vote Connect products can serve all markets globally, with their flagship Vote Connect Total product providing complete end-to-end digital connectivity in 12 key markets around the world. They are a fast-growth company and have already gone from 10 - 180+ employees in the last two years.
My client are looking for Head of Data Engineering to drive data utilization into business value. This is a unique opportunity to join the growing business and establish both data solutions and organization in their journey to convert their operational data into business value.
* Design & build mission-critical cloud based data pipeline & platform to serve various company functions and customers 24/7, enabling data democratization, experimentation and self-service
* Master business domain & operational data schemes and drive data catalogue; promote common terminology across company and customers
* Provide operational analytics & insights, reports & dashboard, for stakeholders and customers
* Partner with product to achieve data monetization
* Admin all data sources in production; ensure data security, privacy, lose prevention and compliance across all data sources in production
* Build & lead diverse and geo distributed organization of data engineers and data analysts
* Formulate and implement agile & data engineering processes
* Foster excellence and continues improvement, enhance engineering toolset and contribute to data practices across company
* Engage and collaborate with other engineering directors, CISO, product, operation, project, and account managers
* Engage 3rd party partners to enhance knowledge & skills and reduce time to market
* Contribute to roadmap planning and own related execution
* Reports to Director
* 2+ years experience as Head of Data Engineering with strong hands-on mentality
* Experience designing and building native cloud data pipeline, data warehouse/lake and self service solutions
* Experience administrating SQL and NoSQL data stores; strong SQL skills - essential
* Experience in driving data utilization, insights and monetization
* Proven experience in building a high performing team (~10 people)
* Experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, AWS QuickSight)
* Well versed in industry best-practices for software development, including CI/CD methodologies and tooling
* Detail oriented, analytical mind and business acumen
* Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
* Outstanding collaboration skills; team player
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline
* Experience with the multi-region solutions based on AWS data technologies - key advantage
* Coding skills in one or more language - advantage
* Experience working in the fintech industry - advantage.
* Familiarity with data science and machine learning - advantage
* An exciting, fast-growth start up environment with excellent career growth opportunities
* Flexibility to work from home post Covid-19
* WeWork offices- including gym access
* A competitive salary
* Bi weekly Yoga lessons
* Subsidized Headspace subscription