About the job
With the world's leading organisations looking to cloud solutions to innovate, disrupt and deliver growth, we help reimagine and reinvent entire businesses on the cloud. Through rapid prototyping and multi-cloud architecture, we've rebuilt telecom companies, transport agencies and neobanks. Their Cloud Centre of Excellence is a team that brings together the pace and innovation of a startup, backed by the trusted brand and investment potential of their team. Now, we're growing the team.
Skills And Experience
* Strong hands-on engineering experience using cloud-native data services in AWS and Azure for analytical and operational workloads.
* Background in using infrastructure-as-code (CloudFormation, Bicep, Terraform or similar) to automate deployment of cloud services, including services typically used for enabling cloud-native data platforms.
* Wide comprehension across typical Data Analytics capabilities including data cataloguing, quality analysis and testing, lineage, governance and observability.
* Experience and skill implementing backend API's to manipulate, manage and integrate data with systems, web applications and similar.
* General knowledge of common industry tooling and patterns covering areas such as data ingestion, streaming, storage, visualisation etc, as well as opinion around how to implement scalable data mesh, lakehouse and delta lake architectures.
* Ultimately a deep passion and enthusiasm for engineering highly automated data platforms, solutions and products!
The Cloud Data Engineers are people who eat, sleep and breathe data. They're responsible for implementing leading edge cloud-native data platforms which support and enable data-rich innovations. Part of a Cloud Data Engineer's responsibility is bringing people much closer to data, using public cloud services to help unlock what they can do with it and remove friction from how they consume it. This might be through automating complex data processing, designing novel integrations or working with cloud developers to create refined data products for various audiences.
Given this remit, you will be working with a wide range of technical stakeholders and subject matter experts, from data scientists, data analysts and cloud developers to more product oriented folk looking to align what you do with business processes, features and outcomes.
By no means an exhaustive list, you will ultimately be:
* Working with talented teams to build data security, management and engineering excellence into all of the solutions.
* Consulting with internal teams and client stakeholders on proposed solutions and how they'll be developed/deployed and used.
* Leveraging automation in every part of a solution to accelerate and optimise all out solutions.
* Sharing your cloud knowledge and ideas with the team and the customers.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping the clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.