Data Engineer - Up to £65,000
This client is a bank-owned consortium distributing data from 31 banks to 80+ buy side clients managing $55 trillion in total assets. We are a tenacious organisation, passionate about market innovation for the benefit of our dealers and clients. We welcome anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit.
You will be focused on building our data pipelines and architecture within AWS to support our growing data franchise. You will work closely with the Product Team, Sales, Management and most importantly our clients and dealers in delivering a stable and efficient data platform and will report directly to the head of data products.
Primary accountabilities: AWS and data pipeline expert
* Hands-on data engineering: cleaning and organising data in Python, S3, redshift, etc.
* AWS solution guru: experience with a wide array of AWS tools, in order to be able to recommend the right tool for the job
* Partnership with product management, sales and support to establish requirements and produce cost effective, scalable architectures to meet business requirements
* Partner with the Technology organization to develop and enhance the platform
* Collaborate with development, QA, Application support and Infrastructure managers to improve the operational efficiency of the organization.
* Self-motivating and always looking to improve quality
* Keep abreast of industry trends and ensure that they have the right technology to be market leading
* AWS or Azure Certified Solutions Architect: 4 years' experience, specifically Redshift, Lambda, Cloud formation
* Experience with Kafka or other comparable streaming platform
* Experience with Spark, Hadoop, or other big data/distributed computing paradigm
* 3+ years' experience writing production-quality code in Python in a similar role in financial services
* Formal requirements analysis and architecture modelling methodologies and tools
* Design and architecture of systems and software components
* Agile development methodologies and DevOps, CI/CD pipeline and associated tooling, Jira
* Great communicator- comfortable with loose requirements working in a small team
* Ability to establish rapport and work collaboratively: a solid team player
* Ability to work independently on projects.
* They operate a flexible working policy, typically 2-3 days per week in the London, Cannon Street office.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.