Do you enjoy solving complex puzzles, are you looking for a role which will challenge you in different ways each and every day, then this is the place you will feel at home. We are currently recruiting to join our award winning data engineering team who are focused on the development, evolution and deployment of cutting edge data products.
A bit about the job:
Our Data Engineering teams are an important part of enabling the Global Data Science Practise. You will have the opportunity to work with the one of the richest a most sophisticated datasets in the world, using modern engineering techniques and leverage a modern technology stack. We are investing in Data and a major part of that is Data Engineering; Data Engineering is seen as the foundation in order to drive forward Machine Learning, AI and Data Science agenda.
Skills and experience we're looking for:
* You will have a track record of solving complex problems through the delivery of data products.
* Experience in data pipeline engineering or software development and best practice in SQL, python, Scala or R.
* Data Engineering fundamentals e.g ability to:
* Work with Data Scientist and Analyst to define and develop data pipelines to deliver data products.
* Understanding and expertise of software engineering concepts and best practices. Ability to write clean, maintainable, and robust code.
* Build data features using a wide variety of tools and languages including SQL and Python (pyspark or pandas).
* Experience in Data Analysis and Data Quality Assessment (profiling, anomaly detection) and data documentation (schema, dictionaries)
* Experience with CI/CD or Agile
* Familiar with analytics (descriptive, predictive, EDA), feature engineering and python visualization libraries (e.g. matplotlib, seaborn or other) and Data Processing Frameworks like Pandas/pyspark
* Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and areas of the business, empowering them to learn and deliver new ways of working.
What you'll get for this role:
* Generous pension (starting level contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
* Eligibility for annual performance bonus
* Family friendly parental and carer's leave
* 25 - 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for company products
* Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
* Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
* 21 volunteering hours per year