Job Description: As the Lead Cloud Engineer, you will provide technical leadership and guidance to our client's ongoing cloud adoption and modernisation efforts. In this role, you will publish and maintain guidance and best practices for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and infrastructure as code (IaC). As a technical leader and mentor, you will coach and grow teammates across the technology organisation as well as help ensure that our solutions meet business needs, are cost effective and are secure by default.
Role & Responsibilities
* Leverage best practices to implement secure, reliable and resilient cloud solutions
* Aids the Manager, Clound Engineering & SRE in planning and prioritisation efforts for the Cloud Engineering team.
* Promotes operational excellence in the areas of platform and infrastructure cost, automation, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
* Improves team efficiency by increasing automation and eliminating bottlenecks
* Conducts code reviews for the cloud engineering team
* Identifies and remedies single points of failure and security risks.
* Increase the speed and efficiency of deploying new applications and services to the cloud using Terraform
* Works side by side with our cloud architects, developers, and DevOps team to ensure solutions are secure, scalable, and reliable through architectural design reviews and consultation.
Skills & Qualifications
* IAM, KMS, SSM (Configration management), Redshift, Route53 (Huge plus
* Must be Infrastructure as code expert w/ terraform
* Mentoring team for best practices, coaching, training and leading junior teammates
* 401K Match