Sr. Full Stack Engineer
We are a fintech firm dedicated to empowering flexible ownership solutions for customers nationwide. Our best in class technology brings innovative point of sale financing to industries like furniture, appliances, and electronics, unlocking economic opportunity for all our stakeholders. We recently raised a large Series A round from top tier investors and will use the support to invest in talent to execute the ambitious plan ahead.
We believe in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other and our customers. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what you can bring to our growing company and team!
We are looking for a highly skilled full stack engineer who is proficient with both front and back end development. This individual will be responsible for further developing and implementing our API and backend service, building our UI and its components, and the middleware to connect our applications with our API.
Our engineers work closely with our DevOps team, the product team, the business team among all other departments to ensure the company's success.
Role & Responsibilities:
* You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers based on business priorities.
* You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our merchants and customers.
* Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices.
* Efficiently utilize the tools from our DevOps team and practices to build and deploy software. You will be involved in the entire cycle of the software development.
* You will help and mentor our less-experienced peers through your technical knowledge and skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
* You have 3+ years of experience with NodeJS and other development languages such as C#, Java or Python.
* You can skillfully write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with Object-Oriented programming.
* Experience with Agile methods, such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
* You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed.
* You are resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
* Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes and Docker.