Java Engineer - Java - 1 day per week in office
Salary up to £75k + Bonus
My client a multi-channel, multi-brand business serving millions of customers a day, with the UK's largest loyalty scheme and an ever-evolving set of digital platforms. All of this equals over 1.2 billion transactions each year, presenting a volume, depth and complexity of data that few can match.
As a Java Engineer, you'll be part of one of Engineering teams, creating great products by interpreting and following best practice architectural and engineering principles, operating frameworks, and new and improved tech applications and solutions. Using Java (8+) with tools and frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate and Maven, you'll own the design and development of large-scale, high performance services, including websites, apps, microservices and event driven architecture.
They'd also like you to be yourself - analytical, curious and unafraid to learn new skills or challenge the status quo. You'll constantly strive to improve the way things are done in your team, contributing as a progressive member of the engineering community.
More about the role
* You'll own the design and development of large-scale high performance services using Java (8+) with tools and frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate and Maven. This includes websites, apps, microservices and event driven architecture
* You'll contribute to product technical roadmap
* You'll work with cloud and container technologies such as Kubernetes on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
* You'll lead the design and support of services and internal frameworks that enhance capabilities
* Engineering throughout the whole product lifecycle, including decommissioning
* You'll consider the cost and service support implications of your engineering choices
As well as lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, you'll get:
* Colleague discount across their multi-brands
* Holiday allowance
* Bonus scheme
* Pension plan
* Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Work-life balance is important to them, so they offer colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. They trust you to decide how, where and when you work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving you plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against business goals.
To contact and apply for the role email firstname.lastname@example.org, 0191 814 7785 or LinkedIn 'Oliver King'.